02 September 2011

Finally a dress she likes

Recently, we went to a fabric store for some extra fabric that my friend C.Beth needed in order to make me a pocketbook just like hers....

A certain pattern must have caught my daughter's eye because she really insisted on wanting it. She was successful! Lucky Mami - the fabric was on sale, so I gave in and bought it for her. When I asked her what to do with it, she agreed to a dress.

Now if you know my daughter, she does not like to wear dresses, no skirts - but tutus. Go figure. And very unladylike when her favorite color is pink. Oh well. So far I have been successful in convincing her that the dress she is wearing is a 'really long shirt'. In any case, I put pants under dresses and skirts, so she is convinced she is wearing a shirt and pants....

Now that I bought and sewed her a dress from the pattern that she chose, she is happy to wear a dress! 

Here is my newest creation:
You won't see any detail shots of this dress... it's my first of this kind and it is NOT perfect. Because I figured it all out by myself, there are lots of mistakes. Mistakes I won't do again....
I already have a new fabric pattern that I had bought a while ago and it is waiting for me to try this kind of dress again - just better this time.

In the meantime, here is my little model - she loves it.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute!!! Love the material and you'd never know there were any mistakes from these views :o)

C. Beth said...

I saw it close up and I think it looked GREAT!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

It is lovely - and when it comes to imperfections - only you would know they exist... Noone else... Take that from me.