10 September 2011

Pretty Owl Dress with a flower

Lately, it feels like I am not doing anything else besides homeschooling and sewing.... believe me, that is not the case. There is something bigger in the picture that I don't want to reveal yet, but it has taken quite a bit of my time.

Nonetheless, I got inspired when I bought this cute owl fabric for another dress for my daughter. I did not use anyone's pattern, I came up with it all on my own. It's almost the same like the last dress.The top part came from a leftover fat quarter that I already had - and it fits perfectly with the owl colors. I remember a few mistakes I made with the other dress, especially the zipper part, so I changed a few things - and still I am not quite happy how it turned out... so there will be more dresses in the near (or far) future for her...

When browsing through other sewing blogs, I did see alot of flowers that seemed pretty easy to copy... and for this dress, it was almost a must. Jess from Craftiness is not optional posted a tutorial for flowers that I followed here. It is pretty easy, it took me maybe an hour and a half from start to finish - not too bad. It definitely adds to the dress. I will be making more of those as well...

But the best part of it all is that Peanut actually wore this dress already - so we got another home-run on wearing dresses - which makes Mami happy because I put alot of effort and time into those dresses.

Here is a picture with her wearing it before we headed to church for prayer meeting. She sat and read a book and was very unwilling to get up for me, so sorry that you don't get to see the full effect.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

She looked SO cute in this dress, and I don't know where the mistakes are because from what I saw it looked professionally-made! This is my favorite! Love it...and so impressed you came up with the pattern yourself!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

I love that owl dress, so cute! Great job on the flower, too!