29 September 2011

My second Five-miler

This morning, I ran my second five-miler, ever.... but it was very different from the first one, because I actually enjoyed this one today. Back home, I then checked my mileage into www.dailymile.com and saw that I had just hit 222 miles for this year....

... now I think that calls for a celebration!!!

I had such a hard time on Sunday for my race - I even had to walk a few times. My left knee was swollen for two days, and I believe it only got better because I went walking with my MIL every night after we put the kids to bed. So I was a bit discouraged that I had to walk during that 5K - it's only three miles, but it's later in the day and the sun really gets to me. So running my five miles this morning were a nice surprise and I feel so good about it.

Now I am waiting patiently for my new running shoes..... they are minimalist shoes and I can't wait to try them out.

1 comments:

C. Beth said...

WOW! That is so fantastic! Five miles is wonderful, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much.

I asked about the shoes on the ZEM FB page the other day and they said they'd know more later this week.