06 April 2010

"Learning letters is fun" - but.....

Since we have visitors, our home schooling has lacked lots of attention.... but I calm myself down thinking that most kids my sons age don't even get any attention in that field. So I am okay..... Nonetheless, we have been concentrating on more practical fields like colors, shapes, animals, body parts, and such. He has become quiet good at dressing himself. He knows all his colors, mostly in both English and German - now we are working on shades of those colors, like light blue and dark blue, gray = apparently a very hard color to understand for children. I printed out a little figure and we studied body parts. We played kitchen and went through the fruits and vegetables, the meats and other edible things.

Of course, he also just plays 'normal' things like with his trains and blocks and cars and in the sandbox. Mema has taken him a couple of times to the playground - which is not one of Mami's favorite! I don't know why... This morning, he build a playhouse with Buelo, so now we have one! Yeah. With a kitchen, a fireplace and a barbecue!!! That was somehow important to him. Oh well.....

0 comments: